Wednesday, March 16, 2011

One Step Forward, Two Steps Back

I was away for 2 weeks where running was not quite possible without:

  • wearing my preferred running gear and without being arrested for it (running shoes and burkha? Methinks not), or 
  • looking overly suspicious running at all.. and possibly being arrested for it anyway.

So ran I did not for two weeks. I made sure I had plenty of exercise before I left, ran extra miles, ran extra hard, ran ran ran (also, fell off a bike) and while I know physically this doesn't really make a difference, it made it a little easier to cope with in my head.

Yesterday, I gave ye olde exercising a go, despite badly wrenching my knee in an unfortunate incident on Friday. I figured I had given it sufficient time to rest, and I DESPERATELY needed to run! However, the knee didn't last more than 15 minutes on the treadmill, so I gave it up for some time on the bike.

Stamina has slipped a LOT. So much so I wanted to weep with frustration. And this with the 11K Energizer Night Run in a month's time and the SCKL Marathon at the end of June.

Dear knee, please get better soon so I can start training again. :O(

No comments:

Post a Comment