Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Spreading the Word

So, I kinda spent the weekend boring everyone I met about running. Yes, yes, when I get excited about something I do tend to go a little broken-record overboard. Fortunately, I have very patient and indulging friends. ;Op

It's interesting how things seem to fall into place when you're doing something that feels right.. a lot of people giving you good advice and amazing support, and the opportunities that suddenly seem to open up before you. But perhaps it's just a matter of opening yourself up to the possibilities in the first place that suddenly all these good things that you never realised were there are happening at all.

Anyway. I am currently on a Quest. The Quest to Find A Running Partner. I need to find someone of approximately the same running level as I am for Long Slow Distance runs, which usually happens on Sunday mornings. Any takers? Misery does love company! ;Op

Aaaand it seems that my incessant, weekend-long yammering about running has managed to convince a few people to give running a go too! Yay! Hopefully, that means I'll have decent running partners within the next few months. :O)

Also, I'm looking for a pedometer. An un-obscenely priced pedometer. Adidas had a {pedometer + mp3 player + heart rate monitor} set for some odd-RM500, which was the least ridiculously priced one I found that offered the most functions. But for that kind of money, I could be buying myself a decent pair of new shoes! Which I think I might have to get sometime pretty soon anyway.



I also found myself an online running log. And it's totally true what they say about running logs being a good motivator by giving you a visual representation of your achievements, because logging in last week's workout and seeing I ran an accumulated 35km gave me a rush like I've rarely before felt! Yay!

So, the trials go on. I'm currently working on bashing out a training program that will fit with my fitness & running levels and work schedule. Will share it here once I'm happy with it. From couch-potato to 5K to half marathon, in 8 months! Gambatte!

1 comment:

  1. If you have an iPhone, you probably don't need micoach as it's already an embedded app. You may also use other run tracker apps like Runkeeper (can track the route via gps) or dailymile (manual entries) to keep track of you runs. :-)

    ReplyDelete